The Devils Rejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoTLK Raiding

2 posters

Go down

WoTLK Raiding Empty WoTLK Raiding

Post  Damness Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:07 am

Ok I admit that i'm bored Sleep at work, and after looking up the WoTLK raids for the zillion'th time on Google, I decided to come and put a bit of Blog down in the Raid section of our beloved Guilds lonely notice board affraid . As a guild we have cleared Naxx 10 completly
In my boredom, I decided to Write a bit about each boss we do/done and how we did it, more for reference for a later date as new members join and progress up to do this starter raid. Each week I will add a boss and a little about the boss and the tactics we used. I hope in time other long term members will start to add comments to each off the postings. Any comments about how to handle the bosses as a specific class, where to stand, how to dodge that debuff and of course what loot you get from them.

So unless Kris deletes my postings, please read on and Enjoy (Or cry Sad at my awful spelling)... let the pain begin

Sean A.K.A Damness Twisted Evil

Last edited by Damness on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:52 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : 4 Naxx Wing's Cleared - 27th Jan 2009)
Damness
Damness

Back to top Go down

WoTLK Raiding Empty The Arachnid Quarter in Naxxramas (Boss 1) Anub'Rekhan

Post  Damness Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:30 am

To put it simply Anub'Rekhan is a big beatle, his main attacks are Impale and Locust Swarm. He summons two types of Adds, Crypt Guards and corpse scarabs.

Impale: Randomly targets 1 person in the raid, the boss will fire out a AOE row of spikes between himself and that player in a straight line. Any Player in between the two will be thrown into the air taking 5000 to 6000 damage, then half that amount again from falling damage (levitate, slowfall or bubble will prevent the fall damage). This is similar to the Rock boss in the nexus and his Ice spike
Locust Swarm: As in the name he pumps out a swarm of Locus from his butt. This affects all people in a 30 yard radius off him with a debuff (800-1200 Natual damage every 2 seconds, this is a stacking debuff) it also silences any one in that area as well.
Crypt Guards: As far as i can tell one of these appear about 20-30 Seconds after the boss is pulled, they have 234k life and do cleve. When the boss goes into Locust Swarm one of these will spawn as well.
corpse scarabs: Ok as a clothie these are the biggest pain, there is no spawn time on these, the boss summons them as and when he feels nastly (ie very often), The only thing is they can only spawn from a body, so thanks to the nuke the add feast, its garanteed around 5-10 of these little buggers will pop out of the dead Crypt Guard we have just nuked. However the boss will call these from any body on the floor, be it Crypt Guard or party member. They attack random raid members, spreading out away from the body they just came from.

Last edited by Damness on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Damness
Damness

Back to top Go down

WoTLK Raiding Empty The Arachnid Quarter in Naxxramas (Boss 1) Anub'Rekhan Boss Fight

Post  Damness Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:46 am

Cont.

Ok the main tank will pull the boss, then once he has aggro, move him to the entrance furtherest away from the raid. Range DPS, healers and any support fans need to spread out at maximum range (This is to limit the damage done by Impale), after 20-30 sec the 1st Crypt Guard will spawn, The OT then needs to pick it up pull away from the boss and the dps nuke him till he goes squish. If this is done fast there will time for the DPS to switch back to the Boss. At this point the Boss will begin his Locus attack, the bosses movement is reduced to 60% so the MT need to slowly walk the boss round the outside of the room (If done well the lotus swarm will finish when the boss gets to the oposite entrance), The OT will need to pick up the Crypt Guard that will appear from the entrance the boss was standing at the start. In this time the DPS should keep max distance on the oposite side of the room (While boss is in swarm mode there is no Impales, so Healers can spam heal the Poor MT who is dancing with the boss) once the Swarm is over, the Impales will start again but just repeat above. The Random factor: corpse scarabs once a body is on the floor the boss at some point will exploded it to produce these buggers. this can happen at any time 9 out of 10 times while OT has a Crypt Guard in tow. these can be AOE tanked and AOE killed by Mage/Hunter or Druid, AND LOCKS. Down them quickly cus they can put pressure on the Healers if there nibbling at there ankles while trying to fight the Debuff on the Tank. Rince, Repeat till Dead! cheers

Last edited by Otievt on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : U forgot Locks for AOE dmg!!!!)
Damness
Damness

Back to top Go down

WoTLK Raiding Empty The Arachnid Quarter in Naxxramas (Boss 2) Grand Widow Faerlina

Post  Damness Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:52 am

Ok, now we move onto the 2nd boss in the Arachnid Quarter, Unlike the 1st Boss and the 3rd Boss this is not a Bug, so you can put the bug spray away for the time being. Once you have cleared the trash out the room, you will be left with Grand Widow Faerlina and four Followers standing on the stage in the right of the room. Grand Widow Faerlina has again three main attacks, Poison Bolt Volley, Frenzy and an AOE called Rains of Fire, I will come onto the 4 adds a bit later as they have a certain role to play in the boss fight, and have no special abilities.
Poison Bolt Volley: Ok as the name states, she shoots out several bolts of posion at groups of players, it does 2500 to 3500 natual damage on hit (Resistable) and 1500 to 1700 Natual Damage every 2 seconds for 8-10 seconds (Again Resistable and can be cleansed). This normaly only hits the closest three players. I dont know how oftern she fires it but at a guess any where between 7-15 seconds. While she has a debuff called widows embrace on, She does not use this abbility for the entire time the debuff is active (30 sec's)
Frenzy: A on going theme in Naxx seems to be this abbility, as far as i know all bosses get it, Grand Widow Faerlina is no exception, it seems to happen about every 60-90 seconds, she will increase damage by 150% and Haste by 50% as well as her size. this can not be broken by normal means, ie dispel, spell steal etc.
Rains of Fire: ok another scatter the party basic Aoe spell, like a mage's blizzard (But hotter, ie fire) it covers an area about the same of 8-10 yards, it does 1700-3000 fire damage (Resistable) to all in the area, It has a roaming nature, ie it moves arround, but she will cast it randomly.
TBC - Arrow

Last edited by Damness on Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Damness
Damness

Back to top Go down

WoTLK Raiding Empty The Arachnid Quarter in Naxxramas (Boss 2) Grand Widow Faerlina Boss Fight

Post  Damness Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:22 am

Cont Suspect
Same as Before Tank and Spank with a shake of lemon this time, The MT engages the Boss from range if possible and pulls her off the stage. The OT moves in to pick up the 4 Followers. The OT should NOT Kill any off them, just dance with them a while ensuring they stay on the stage. At this point place the skull over one of the follows head. If you have high melee this one mob can be lowered to 10% life, but no lower, the MT need to pull the Boss fairly close to the middle of the room, she will cast poison and Rain of fire through out this bit of the fight, Just ensure the healers cleasen the poison, and the Range DPS move out of the path of the AOE fire blizzard. .Note to mages do not use Mirror Image during this fight unless all follows are dead. After 60-90 Second she will start to cooldown to Frenzy. At this point the MT needs to pull the Boss to the stages where the OT is playing tiddly winks with the 4 Followers. WHen the Boss finally frenzies (ie BDM goes warning your all going to Die) all DPS should concentrate on the Skull to turn it to a Mcdonalds Mc Flurry as quickly as possible. Only the Skull not any off the others. when you are served your MOB milkshake in a cup (ie its dead) the follower on death will cast a debuff on the Boss called widows embrace, which removes the frenzy. If the Boss is not in range of the dieing mob, ie next to, the debuff will not work. Again the MT moves the Boss to the Middle of the room, and the OT picks the remaining 3 up, placing the skull on the next one he/she feels nicked his teddy bear.. THis routine is repeated till all Adds are used up. If for some unknown reason the Boss is still standing, you have 30 seconds to down her, before she frenzys one final time. with no mob to debuff her, she will hit the MT for 15K through plate every second, and once he/she is sliced and diced, the boss will exterminate all the rest of the raid.. Time is very important in this fight, overall time and killing the followers at the right time, to soon and she will only delay the frenzy for 30 secs.. Hence the no mirror Image, cuz you can garantee one of our brain dead mirrors will dps the skull mod to death, or worse change it to a chicken and reset its health affraid

Sean a.k.a Damness Twisted Evil
Damness
Damness

Back to top Go down

WoTLK Raiding Empty The Arachnid Quarter in Naxxramas (Boss 3) Maexxna

Post  Damness Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:12 am

Ok third and final boss of this quarter is a giant spider called Maexxna. Maexxna has 5 special abilities and summons adds for good measure, the abilities are Web Wrap, Web Spray, Frenzy, Poison Shock and Necrotic Poison, the adds are Spiderlings between 8 - 10 of the little buggers at a time.
Web Wrap: Prob the most active and annoying ability of this boss, very similar to the Ice tomb in UK, it is cast every 40 secs, apart from the first one which seems to be 20 sec from engaging the boss i have been told. it throws one random raid member (Apart from the Tank i have noticed) to the far wall (left from the entrance facing into the room) it cocoons them in silk that does 2000-3000 natual damage every 2 second. the only way to stop this is for some one outside to destroy the cocoon (Which has about 6000 HP) the cocoons always go to two set points.
Web Spray: basicly a raid wide freeze that lasts 6 seconds and does 1500-2500 damage every 2 seconds (Resistable), the ability however is not resistable unless you are Wrapped in Cocoon or dead. this affects the Tank as well.
Frenzy: Here is our old friend again, basicly at 30% health, the boss gains 50% speed and damage Increase till the raid goes splat or she does.
Poison Shock: Another basic poison, shoots infront of the boss only, 3500 to 4500 natual damage every 15 seconds
Necrotic Poison: Ok this is the bells and whistle debuff, it gives a debuff that reduce healing recieved by 75% for 30 Seconds, it again only affects the front of the boss and in Melee range, The good news is it can be dispelled.
Quick notes on adds, they spawn every 30-40 seconds, they run towards the raid the same way the corpse scarabs did in the 1st boss, they can be frost nova'ed and slowed, they have 7500 ish HP and nibble us clothies for 750 -1250 a hit. MadWoTLK Raiding Maexxna

Last edited by Damness on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Damness
Damness

Back to top Go down

WoTLK Raiding Empty The Arachnid Quarter in Naxxramas (Boss 3) Maexxna Boss Fight

Post  Damness Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:56 pm

Cont: ok, MT Engages the boss and turns it to face right, the rest of the raid move as a group to behind the boss, the raid leader should designate two range DPS to deal with the cocoons. Untill the cocoons appear all DPS should concentrate on the boss. When the adds are summon, if you have a mage they can be frost nova the adds in place, or picked up by the OT and AOE down. This fight is more down to healing and timing. the DPS on Cocoon duty should nuke the cacoons as soon as they appear. The only thing to remember on this fight is to remove the anti healing buff on tank ASAP, and most important, slow down DPS as the boss gets to 35%, ensure the tank is fully healed to max. then only after a group web wrap has happened, nuke the boss. If you dont the boss will frenzy at 30% and the tank will be smeared across the screen during the web wrap, as no healers will be able to cast. cheers grats the wing is cleared cheers

Last edited by Damness on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Damness
Damness

Back to top Go down

WoTLK Raiding Empty The Plague Quarter in Naxxramas (Boss 1) Noth the Plaguebringer

Post  Damness Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:21 am

OK new Quarter, since i had no negative feedback about this thread i will continue to bore you all cyclops , The raid is stood by the entrance looking deep into the quarter filled with dread and fear. I would like to mention one trash mob, before going hell for leather into the boss, I only mention them because if not handled right they can wipe the raid before you realise what has happened.. I know what your thinking.. trash wipe our raid, he must be in a crap raid group if that happens. Well no i'm not and let me explain, Stoneskin Gargoyle are the trash mob i talk about, once they get to 30% life an emote declares "the gargoyle emit a strange sound", at that point a cast bar will appear, it takes about 5-6 seconds and can't be interrupted. at the end of the casting, if the Gargoyle is not being carted off to line someones drive, it will heal all its HP back to the start again. "Oh now i see why this could cause problems" is your comment, if this happens a couple off times (also remember its spitting poison at you the whole time) your healers and mana users will go OOM.. affraid and... well need i say, ok enough about the killer trash.. the boss.
Noth the Plaguebringer has 3 abbilites, Curse of the Plaguebringer, Wrath of the Plaguebringer and Berserker Frenzy, He also summons adds to make your life fun.
Curse of the Plaguebringer: Ok as far as i can tell this curse is not a harming curse its more of a warning curse. It last 10 Seconds, at the end of the 10 Seconds it triggers Wrath of the Plaguebringer. So in simple terms if you remove this curse (i'e your friendly taxi-fast food clothie) you will not get it's big brother Wrath of the Plaguebringer, i have seen no more that three people get this at one time.
Wrath of the Plaguebringer: Ok unlike the tickle curse above this one hits like a sledge hammer, for every person with Curse of the Plaguebringer not de-cursed, every body arround them for 30 Yards takes a shaddow damage hit of 3500-4500 hp, then for good measure a further 1250 - 1750 every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. so if you have Curse of the Plaguebringer, and the two raider standing beside you has it as well, your raid leader decided you can do with out a mage, be prepared to get hit for 10500-13500 of damage, and all your friends as well, and a further 4000 - 5500 per 2 seconds for 10 seconds. this however is healable.
Berserker Frenzy: Like all frenzy that have come before, this is the boss finish move. If you have not killed him by the end of the third phase of teleport (will explain in boss fight section), he loses his rag with you and increases damage by a small 1000% (Another case of you are the weakest link good bye) affraid now to the boss fight Arrow
Damness
Damness

Back to top Go down

WoTLK Raiding Empty Re: WoTLK Raiding

Post  Elsavira Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:50 am

Ur doing great, Keep on going:)

Elsavira

Back to top Go down

WoTLK Raiding Empty The Plague Quarter in Naxxramas (Boss 1) Noth the Plaguebringer Boss Fight

Post  Damness Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:17 am

Ok, This fight is split into 2 sections, 1st Section the boss will be on the floor and hugging the MT and summoning adds, 2nd section the Boss Teleports above the raid, and waves of adds are summoned. as mentioned above once he has done this cycle three times, he will frenzy and splat the raid.
On engaging the Boss, the MT moves hime to the Top left courner. The OT job is to collect up the adds he summons and bring them to the Boss, Where The DPS will AOE both Boss and Adds at the same time. The mages in the group need to ensure that they De-curse Curse of the Plaguebringer. as soon as it appears to ensure raid is not hit for 10000 hp of damage. If you have no mages a way round this could be to get the person to run away from the raid to another corner of the room a bit like grobbulus fight i will post later.(Never needed to try this as being a mage). After a set time, the Boss will teleport. (If anyone knows the time i will be glad to include it) the MT and OT now need to pick up the waves of adds the boss summons. In these waves where will be one or Two high power adds, which can cast poison bolt or arcane explode. The aim is to kill all the adds before the boss teleports down again to repeat. If there our adds left the OT needs to pick them up and move them back to the MT, who has inturn picked up the boss and walked him back to the corner again.
and thats system is repeated. as long as your DPS is high enough the Boss should be dead well before the final cycle.

Damness
Damness

Back to top Go down

WoTLK Raiding Empty The Plague Quarter in Naxxramas (Boss 2) Heigan the Unclean

Post  Damness Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:23 pm

Ok time for more updating Laughing , The next boss is often the raids first real test, this is a time-ing boss, to down this boss the raid is going to have to get its timing right. Welcome to the dancing boogy of Heigan the Unclean. as normal i'll tell abilities first, but more time will be spent on the boss fight (and pictures from Wowwiki) so lets get his Jive on....
I hate the phrase but - Phase one nasties
Spell Disruption: ok this is his aura (like a pally or DK) 20 yards arround him and increase casting time by 200%.. see sweet and to the point.
Decrepit Fever: This is a disease that he puts on a random player it does 3000 damage every 3 seconds.
Phase two surprises
Plague Cloud: A cloud that sits on the platform and does 7000 - 8000 damage every second
Eruption: ok this is the fun one 6500 - 7500 damage from poison (acid) erupting from the floor in three quarters off the room, if you stand in the safe zone (which moves arround) you have a chance to still take one hit of this, if you stand in one of the areas that is pumping this out of the floor you get 120000 - 200000 damage per second (ie you get to walk back from out side and hope the raid dont loot why you have gone cus you cost them an achievement pale ).... The Boss fight affraid
Damness
Damness

Back to top Go down

WoTLK Raiding Empty The Plague Quarter in Naxxramas (Boss 2) Heigan the Unclean Boss Fight

Post  Damness Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:02 pm

Ok image 1st, then lots of exsplaining : ....
WoTLK Raiding Updated_safe_spots OK this may look scary but its the best example of his dance i have found, There are two schools on phase one, I'm going to put down the one i have done (a lot) and will fill in when i have done the other style.

Ok MT pulls the boss and position him and all the mellee DPS in Zone 1. in the mean time all the healers and ranged DPS hall arse onto the platform the boss Initial was stood on before he was pulled (Marked in Red on Picture). After a few seconds there will be a acid eruptions out off the cracks in the floor of zone 2, zone 3 and zone 4 (A trick to know where the next zone starts is to look at the acid eruption, the crack closest to you is the border of the next zone) once the eruption falls down, all the melee need to move to the next safe zone ie Zone 2, the MT need to pull the boss along with the melee, you only have a few seconds to do this before acid erupts again but this time from Zone 1 9The one you where just in, Zone 3 & Zone 4. All this time the Range DPS and healers are on the platform at max range nuking the boss.

Again as soon as the acid subsides the MT and Melee need to move to the next zone (Zone 3) dragging the bosses sorry arse with them. Again acid will erupt in Zone 1 , Zone 2 and Zone 4. NOw move the boss into Zone 4 when the acid subsides, Once the eruption of acid goes off again in Zone 1, Zone 2 and Zone 3 the Melee need to Drag the Boss back to Zone 3 as soon as acid subsides.
Hope fully by now you are getting the patten...
Zone 1 --Acid-- Zone 2 --Acid-- Zone 3-- Acid --Zone 4 -- Acid -- Zone 3-- Acid-- Zone 2-- Acid Zone 1--Acid --Zone 2 etc.. untill the boss teleports (DBM will tell you this)
When the Boss teleports all the Range DPS, Healers, Melee and MT need to run Back to Zone 1. The boss will teleport onto the Platform the range/healers were standing on and cast Plague Cloud. Now Phase two .

Phase two is very similiar to Phase one apart from the fact the whole raid is going to have to move with the grove, the same way just the melee did in Phase 1, I would not bother doing any attacks on the boss during this phase just concentrate on not doing a Robocop acid face melt off by getting you timing wrong. the Acid sequence is exactly the same : Zone 1 --Acid-- Zone 2 --Acid-- Zone 3-- Acid --Zone 4 -- Acid -- Zone 3-- Acid-- Zone 2-- Acid Zone 1--Acid --Zone 2 etc.. untill the boss teleports back. once he does the Range and Healers need to get back on the platform, and the MT and Melee need to pick the boss up and take hime to Zone 1 to start Phase 1 again.

This is a long fight, but once you get the dance sorted it is a easy one and is over fairly quick. alien

Just remember if you lose a few members it is not nessesary a wipe, i have seen him done with 1 healer, one range DPS and 1 Tank.. it was very very long fight but doable

Damness
Damness

Back to top Go down

WoTLK Raiding Empty The Plague Quarter in Naxxramas (Boss 3) Loatheb

Post  Damness Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:43 am

Ok final boss in this quater, and he's a ... bog beast. What's there to really say about this boss, he's big, he smells, he's ... well a healers worst nightmare (apart from that one where your stood in your jim-jams facing of against a dragon .. wait your always in yr Jim-Jams Shocked )
Necrotic Aura: Reduces healing to Zero for 17 seconds, he cast's it every 20 seconds.. Yeap you have 3 seconds to heal the raid,OT,MT and the hunters mr snuffles.
Deathbloom: Cast on the entire raid doing 200 Damage every second, and finishing with a 1200 Damage hit... None Dispellable.. It's a comming and there noubt you can do about it.
Inevitable Doom: Ok nasty one this is, Its cast after 2 mins form the boss pull, the entire raid get 4000 Shaddow damage (Non Resistable) after about 10 Seconds, then he will cast again every Half a minute.. After 5 mins he will cast it every 15 seconds...
Fungal Creep: this is a strange one, its a good debuff, he will summon a spore that when killed 500-1000 HP gives a 2 min buff that Increases Crits by 50%, there is no threat from attacking these things and they spawn every half a minute... If you where a boss would you give the raid trying to kill you a nice buff to do ..it, oh well Bog Beast = Made from cabbages... THe Boss fight will come soon..
Damness
Damness

Back to top Go down

Post  Elsavira Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:26 am

Probably bcus he could get the buff too, while the tank being near making no threat which is the bad thing bout it:P

Elsavira

Back to top Go down

WoTLK Raiding Empty The Plague Quarter in Naxxramas (Boss 3) Loatheb Boss Fight

Post  Damness Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:30 am

Ok, time to win those T7 shoulders you wanted.. and everybody else in your raid as well, DBM is really vital for this fight as it will give you clues on when each aura is going to occur. 1st off, MT pull the boss and kite hime to the centre of the room, All melee DPS go with the boss. In this fight the boss is held in centre off the room.. so apart from the MT doing what MT do when there telling jokes and getting drunk with the boss.. his/her main roll is to not let the boss move.
Ok Healers and Range DPS need to stand Halfway between the boss and the Door you walked in from, This is to allow the healers a easier time on the healing once the de buff kicks in, and then Nuke.. Nuke like theres no tomorrow.. like your whole account will be araised and your computer will be sold to pay the debt of for your dogs gamberling habits.. get the picture... Suspect
Ok now the only time one dps moves is when a spore appears, in the words of the Guilds MT you need to tickle it, cause it to attack you but do little or no damage to it (as a arcane mage, i cast Slow on it.. aggros the hell out of it but does no damage) once the dps has done this run back to the group.. THe spore will make its way to the group (slowley if i'm in the raid) and then once it has arrived kill it, every one near the spore will recieve the Buff Very Happy , (Note: for spores behind the boss one of the melee dps can just run up and twat it, spores spawn every 30 seconds and the buff lasts 90 seconds so if the range group misses one kill it no biggy.. as long as no spores get to the boss).
THe debuff to stop healing will be in place, it fades every 17 seconds for 3 seconds.. This is where DBM comes in, Healers can start casting a second or so before the fade, so they can get as much healing into the tank and raid as possible in the 3 seconds (Note badages, Potions, Special's are blocked as well for the 17 seconds). 1 -2 Healers concentrate on the tank and melee DPS the other healer on the range Dps and healers.. Later on in the fight you may need to swap round as the 4000 shaddow hit becomes more regular..
Its a boss that you do it or you dont.. no other hints need.. its really down to DPS and Healing.. Good luck.. and thats another Quarter downed.. cheers

Damness
Damness

Back to top Go down

Post  Elsavira Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:09 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Elsavira

Back to top Go down

Post  Elsavira Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:10 am

If you want some help with things from a tanks point of view, just ask.

Elsavira

Back to top Go down

WoTLK Raiding Empty Tank View

Post  Damness Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:07 am

I'm looking for a Tanks tech on Instructor Razuvious, Military Quarter of Naxxramas. I can give a limited healer and DPS info on this boss, But it's mainly a Tanking Boss via mind control... Any info will be greatly taken

Damness
Damness

Back to top Go down

Post  Elsavira Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:59 am

Uve controlled the guy for a short time in battle right? So i hope u can describe it now, otherwise ill help u out Smile

Elsavira

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum